As geotechnical and materials engineering leaders in our community, we are committed to providing value and playing an integral role in the success of our client’s projects. We are unique – in our readiness and commitment to provide engineering through quality and innovation, and through our philosophy to find simple and elegant solutions to complex engineering challenges.
Our geotechnical and materials engineering practice is provided by Conquest Engineering, a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBCL.
Our team is highly specialized and experienced in providing geotechnical engineering solutions. We have become a regional leader in the delivery of geotechnical services and expertise. Our team supports a broad spectrum of clients in heavy industrial, commercial, transportation, utilities, municipal infrastructure, and institutional sectors.
Since our inception, we have undertaken thousands of projects for hundreds of clients in the following services:
- Geotechnical investigations – marine and land-based
- Design recommendations and settlement analysis for conventional shallow foundations
- Design recommendations and settlement analysis of large diameter, above-ground storage tanks
- Design recommendations for deep foundations (pile types, capacities, wave equation analysis)
- Design recommendations for wharf structures including concrete cribs, high capacity rock-socketed caissons and tied back bulkheads
- Design recommendations for embankments, earthworks and retaining walls
- Design recommendations for ground improvement techniques such as dynamic compaction, engineered fills, and stone columns
- Surface and subsurface drainage consultation and design
- Slope stabilization solutions for soils and bedrock including rock mesh, rock bolts, anchors and dowels
- Pile Driving Monitoring
- Pile Driving Analyzer (PDA) for dynamic load testing
- Recommendations for road construction over soft soils
- Analysis and recommendations for deep excavations, shoring design and base stabilization
Jason Bernier – VP Earth and Environment